Sunday, October 28, 2012

North Davidson vs Davie Pregame Video


Now that my knees don't hurt from running up and down the sidelines all night on Friday, I found time to piece together the all the video and audio I took.  Let's start with the scene prior to the kick.  Make no mistake, this was as fine an atmosphere as you'll find at a game on ANY level. Here's what I saw during pregame on Friday:
First, the student sections.  Here are some Davie Crazies...


...and here is the ND student section, who chose to dress up.  Is my man Caleb wearing a duck?



It's always good to see the War Eagle Regiment, and this time I got to see their march-on before the kickoff.  I also included the Star Spangled Banner again, well, because they're good at it.




One sure nominee for "Best Student Section" are the Davie Crazies:



At first I was wary of Davie using "Sandstorm", just like the University of South Carolina, but they do it very, very well.  When they were joined by the opposing side it was weven better:


I love the way Davie builds up to the entrance of the teams.  Maybe it's because I love Metallica, but mostly it's because of how loud it gets.  Standing on the field, waiting, I could feel the intensity building to a fever pitch.  I won't soon forget that.  I also won't forget that, yet again, I was too close to the entrance and had to sprint 30 yards to avoid receiving a DCAW.


Finally, the Davie Crazies said they had a cheer for me that I had to get on video. I did.  Cheer of the Year candidate?  Probably.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Leave them here!